Visual and Performing Arts
Things to Do
Framingham is the hub of MetroWest’s Arts and cultural offering. The Danforth Museum of Art has a small but significant collection, unique exhibitions and a comprehensive arts curriculum for all ages. As a complement, the Amazing Things Arts Center brings a wide variety of well-known regional and even national performing artists to their recently converted performance space in an old firehouse in Downtown Framingham. Music, comedy, shows for kids and more can be found on their expansive program.
If you’re interested in live music, there are a number of restaurants that offer regular live-music. If you’re interested in history, the Framingham History Center has a lot to offer. In addition, the Framingham Public Library hosts many lectures and outreach events throughout the year and each summer the town hosts the free Concerts on the Common in Framingham Centre every Friday night.
For more things to do, view the Framingham Calendar of Events
Publicly Owned Facilities Venues
Museums & Galleries
- For information on renting these facilities contact Building Services at 508.532.5485 or click on the links below:
- Nevins Hall - Up to 1,800 seats; flat floor; suitable for performances or events; located in the Memorial Building, which serves as the town's municipal offices
- Cushing Chapel - Built in 1943-1944 as part of the Cushing General Hospital
- Village Hall - Built in 1834 in historic Framingham Centre, this beautiful space faces the Framingham Common and is often used for weddings and parties. For information on renting this facility contact 508.879.8995 or by email.
- Danforth Museum of Art - Focusing on American art from 18th century to present day, the Danforth Museum of Art is dedicated to showing the very best examples of contemporary art by both emerging and established artists, as well as an exploration of the School of Boston Expressionism. Our compelling exhibitions and permanent collection of over 3,500 works of art offer countless opportunities for all ages to explore a range of media and artistic forms of expression. Our mission strongly supports education: the 400 yearly studio art courses offered in the Museum School, family workshops, and artist lectures offer Museum members and visitors numerous opportunities to learn and create.
- Mazmanian Gallery at Framingham State University
- Fountain Street Fine Arts is an artist-run, membership based gallery housed in the century old Bancroft Building in Framingham. Also check out their blog: http://www.fsfaboston.com/growingagallery/ .
- Fountain Street Studios located just outside downtown, the Fountain Street Studios is a vibrant artists community that holds frequent strolls and open houses that allow you to come visit and watch the artists at work.
- Saxonville Studios, located in the Saxonville area of Framingham, this small but diverse group of artists has been active for more than 20 years.